Bacon Wrapped Chicken
This recipe is a hit in our house. In fact we make it almost weekly. The best thing about it is the fact that there's no sugar and no fake sauce. If you want to make your own chicken broth - even better!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron (or a nonstick pan)
- Slice the fat off a chicken breast, then cut the chicken in half long ways.
- Brown the meat by laying in the skillet. Filp after a few minutes to brown the entire chicken.
- Remove from heat
- Wrap the chicken in one slice of bacon (if you have really thick bacon, try pulling the two ends to make it longer).
- lay immediately seam side down back in warm oiled cast iron
- Place cast iron in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is done and the bacon is slightly crispy.
- Remove cooked chicken from the cast iron
- Add two cups of low sodieum broth to the cast iron.
- Bring the broth to a boil, scraping the chicken bits from the bottom
- Boil until it's reduced down to about a cup of broth.
- Add 2.5 tablespoons of butter until melted.
- Serve as dip or pour over the top of chicken.