Egg Muffins Wrapped in Bacon
We make this recipe on Sunday and have enough for us both all week. It keeps you full and focused with all natural ingredients.
- One package of bacon
- 12 farmer's eggs
- Garlic Salt
- Optional: chopped tomatoes and mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron (or a nonstick pan)
- Add a few slices of bacon and cook until limp. Bacon should be soft and bendy.
- Set the bacon on a paper towel (you will need the bacon grease so follow this step).
- Let the bacon grease in the pan cool slightly
- While waiting, use the paper towel that was under the bacon and slide it around a muffin tin (including the base) so nothing sticks.
- Throw two handfuls of spinach, some garlic salt for taste (and smell!) and optional tomato and mushroom into the pan with the bacon grease.
- Cook until the spinach becomes soft, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Wrap the limp bacon around each cup of the muffin tin. If the piece is too big, either overlap the edges OR cut the edge and use the each ends to make more circles on different cups.
- Spoon about a table spoon of the vegetable mixture to the bottom of the each cup.
- Crack an egg into each cup on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to your desired completion. Remember eggs continue cooking after removing from heat.
- Allow to cool and then remove each from the cup. Serve warm or put in the microwave for one minute.